120 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - "S" - Current owner NOT known - maybe in Belgium

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

120 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - "S" - Current owner NOT known - maybe in Belgium

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I have read I think this car was planned to originally sold to (AJ) from Sweden about May 1992, it was planned to have air-conditioning fitted but I am not sure it ever was - It was then one of the rare FORD Red models. This was one of the 20 RS200's that were give the "S" badge.

I think thought that this might have been sold via Gordon Spooner around December 1992 to BVBA in Belgium, I am not sure if it was white when sold finally?

30/10/2007 - (AJ) made contact by email...

"Hi Justin, My name is (AJ), nothing else. I have a video from my quality inspection on that car, which I was not so happy with. I also have a lot of documentation for it, and a list of all cars manufactured/equipped and where they had been delivered at that time. Please let me know if you want to look into it. Car was white when I run it."

3/11/2010 - (AJ) emailed me once more...

"Hi Justin, Maybe I can enlighten you about the colour of 120. I was offered and ordered car No 111. After a while it turned out that 111 was sold to Germany, and there was no white car left. Therefore they repainted No 120 from red into white.

Regards , (A)"
- He also included two images, one of the FORD paperwork and one a letter from Bob Howe.

15/11/2013 - Steve Stripe has emailed an update about this car...

Hope you are well Justin, chassis 120 is owned by a Belgium called Jeremey Vandergeeten recently contacted me regarding service info, the car is white with the Motorsport stripes. I will get him to send photo, its looks a very clean car.
Regards, Steve Stripe - XWORKSS LIMITED

March 2022 - The car was sold at auction in Belgium for 295,616 Euros. I think the seller was Baudoin Lempereur and I was told "The car was first registered in Belgium in April 1994 to a company called Europe SPRL in Comines and then sold to the current owner in 1997."

https://www.artcurial.com/en/lot-1991-f ... btZCHuo8YY

Dec 2023 - (SC) made contact "Concerning this RS200: it is still registered in Belgium now with the personalised plate "RS200S" and was seen with the new owner who bought it at the auction in 2022". He also shared a link:-

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org