121 - J200JRL - 1.8 - LHD - Red - "S" - Current owner NOT known - Last seen in the UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

121 - J200JRL - 1.8 - LHD - Red - "S" - Current owner NOT known - Last seen in the UK

Post by Justin Smith »

According to some FORD paperwork I read I think this car was orginally to be sold to Alan Fenwick from Surrey around December 1992 but he may have sold it on to John Lloyd of Glocester ? This was one of the 20 RS200's that were give the "S" badge and was red.

In August 2004 Dave Seaton (owner of #138) sent me some images at Boreham taken when he was looking to buy his RS200, in the images you can see four cars, starting from the closest, you can see the red chassis #121, (Dave thinks it was originally sold to Steve Harrison having paid a £10k deposit but when that deal fell through it found a new owner abroad and FORD gave the £10k back) a blue version we think is chassis #167 and Tim Fowler (with the tie on) and Kevin Standen who were part of a syndicate who bought #175 which is one of the two white cars.

In September 2018 I was contacted by Marcus Willis from Girardo and Co who had taken possession of #121 from DK Engineering in the UK and were in the processing of managing it's sale.

https://girardo.com/car/1982-ford-rs200-s-0/

They asked for some information and later if I was able to go and visit the car to make an inspection for themselves and the potential new owner which I did in November and you can see my pictures below along with some professional ones taken after it was detailed.

It was great to see another red car in the flesh, especially as it had been missing from my records for so long.

I do not know who the new owner is or whether the car remains in the UK but I know it was intended to join a collection of interesting cars! For now I shall show it as still being in the UK until I hear otherwise :)

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images