122 - C829FHK - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (DP) - Australia

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

122 - C829FHK - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (DP) - Australia

Post by Justin Smith »

From FORD paperwork I have read I believe this car was originally sold around February 1986 to a Mr (DP) from Portsmouth, UK with about 20,000 Miles on the clock. I have always bought RS books and magazine, this car was pictured in Jeremy Waltons book "RS - The Faster Fords" ISBN 0-947981-21-7 - Chassis #122 is mentioned on page 201.

But far more interesting, in Feb '04 I was given a framed black and white Ford promotional photograph featuring this car marked up in Essex Police livery stop checking a Sierra Cosworth (index D726PVW) on the A12 before it opened.
press.jpg
I am told this car was the one that had a bit of a mishap at the RS200 owners club meeting and ended up needing some major repairs.

Ricky Gould from Essex Police sent me 3 more images.

In November 2004 I was contacted by (HP) who is the son of (DP) and he tells me that the car is nearly re-built and ready to go again !

June 2023 - Scalextric released a model of this car! https://uk.scalextric.com/products/ford ... tion-c4341

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images