138 - H673WYT - 1.8 - RHD - Red - "S" - Current owner known (DS) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

138 - H673WYT - 1.8 - RHD - Red - "S" - Current owner known (DS) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

In August 2004 I received an email from the owner, (DS), he sent some images (notice Stig Blomqvist in the first shot !) and it turned out we did not live too far from each other.

On 14th August 2004 I met Dave Seaton at Castle Coombe, chassis #138 was originally registered H673WYT and is now back on that plate having been on DSS90 for a while. (D) did a session of the track but after finding a leak in the main oil feed pipes from the dry sump he sensibly called a halt to track activity and called the RAC to make sure the car was not driven home. (It was taken to Geoff Page for remedial action). (D) sent a couple of photos of the day, one of the photos shows mine in the middle (#193) and #144 at the end.

A basic HPI check in August 2004 showed....

Manufacturer Ford
Model RS 200 4WD
Body type 2 door saloon
Colour Red
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1990
Number of previous owners 0
Last owner change 18 October 1990

In December 2005 Mike Ayres sent me some image from RS National Day at Donnington 2005 and then Andy sent me one taken at Donnington Park in 1992.

I've met (DS) loads of times now and he's a good mate, he's got loads of stories as he was there at the start of it all and bought direct from FORD, we have been on a few trips with the cars together !

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images