139 - D200VTL - 1.8 - RHD - Current owner known (BS) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

139 - D200VTL - 1.8 - RHD - Current owner known (BS) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

I first saw this car in the book on RS 200's published by unique motor books and in June 2004 I was in email conversation with the owner of #010 and they said that D200VTL was in fact chassis #139 and originally owned by Charles Ross, a vet.

This may be the same car that Bob Howe mentioned to me that was stolen from a secure !? carpark one night and found some time later wrecked and subsequently written off.

In May 2005 I was given information that suggested that a (BS) bought the Charles Ross wreck of chassis #139 and also some link to #068 and in September 2005 I made contact with (BS) who has loads of info on RS200's in general, including chassis #068 and #139.

In June 2018 I was given some more information from (DW):-
Hi Justin,

I have just seen your entry on the RS200 Database regarding the above vehicle.

Your information is not entirely correct.

The vehicle was indeed owned by Charles Ross (Chic to his friends). Chic was a personal friend of my late Auntie, and visited us in Dewsbury regularly, he once took me for a ride in the car. Chic is as you say a vet (now retired). He lived at the time just outside Binbrook, having his vet practice in Grimsby.

D200VTL was indeed stolen from a secure car park, and was badly damaged. It was however repaired after that incident. It was later written off after a breakdown. Chic went to call the recovery service (before the time when everyone had mobiles), and returned to find the car badly on fire. It was following this incident that the vehicle was deemed a total loss.

Hope this helps your info.

Regards

(D)
If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images