143 - H540MHK - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (BP) - New Zealand

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

143 - H540MHK - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (BP) - New Zealand

Post by Justin Smith »

I first found this car when I was looking for one for myself to buy. I had the money in the bank and had even booked a hotel to stay in the night before collecting her and then someone who had placed a deposit on her months before said they were still buying her so, I ended up find my own car #193. (As it turned out they let him down a few days after I bought my car.)

The owner at the time was (TM) who was owner number 3. She was in near show condition and was running an adjustable 350 BHP. She was immaculate and a show winner, (TM) is probably one of the top 10 knowledgeable people when it comes to running a 200 and has been no end of help for me since we first me. He still, at the time of writing owns chassis 155 which he rallies at 520 BHP ! - I am still waiting for a passenger ride !! ( Hint ! ;) )

An HPI Check on 7/2/04 showed:-

Manufacturer Ford
Model RS 200 4WD
Body type 2 door saloon
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1991
Number of previous owners 3
Last owner change 27 March 2001

In November 2004 Terry told me he had sold this car to a buyer from New Zealand who I have conversed with many times since the sale (BP).

In March 2005 the owner (BP) made contact to confirm that he had bought the car from (TM) and it was in New Zealand.

In March 2011 Chris Smith send me 3 images with an email:-
Hi Justin

I don’t know if this of any interest to you but I came across your post on rs200.org about this car so thought I’d drop you a line.

I’ve been scanning all my old photos from before the days of digital cameras and got to the one’s of my first trackday and decided to Google some of the registrations to see if anything interesting had come of any of the cars, which is when I stumbled on your post. I can’t give you any information on H540MHK but I have got some photos of it. The trackday was an RS Owners Club day at Goodwood in July of, I think, 1991. I was there with a friend in our Series 1 RS Turbos and we felt very second class with the RS200’s and RS500’s around!

Anyway, I hope they’re of some interest to you. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best quality, but it was 20 years ago! 

Cheers
Chris
IMG_018_1024.jpg
IMG_004_1024.jpg
IMG_002_1024.jpg
If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images