146 (EVO 202) - D840YHK - 2.1 - LHD - White - Current owner known (TM) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

146 (EVO 202) - D840YHK - 2.1 - LHD - White - Current owner known (TM) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I have read I can't find much info on this car but I believe it was sold around March 1987 through Pleasurable Developments (Colorado US) in 600 BHP form for the intended owner Robert Delano Sutherland and was supplied in the customers own choice of Motorsport colours.

The vehicle was destined to be chassis 202 (for homologation) but after returning retained chassis 146.

I beleive the car was driven by Malcom Wilson around 4th July 1987 at the Pikes Peak challenge where it finished 5th with a time of around 11.50 minutes. It needed several new panels in 1988, possibly after the Pikes Peak event - Gordon Spooner arranged these replacement parts but I also believe the whole car came back to the UK and may have needed a new chassis, possibly at some time crashed quite heavily by Dan Ripley who I believe was Pleasurable Developments. I do not think it ever went back to the US but was registered in the UK around 1997 and from there I have lost track of it.

May 2014 - I have found some images in my email box dating back to 2011 (Thanks Matt Foster and Terry Maynard) for what I think is this car and from memory I am sure I have spoken to the owner in the past but I can't find any emails to verify this :(

Matt wrote...
Hi there, the photos were taken in 2003 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed - I had just taken the car up the hill. Ford had paid for us to take it to celebrate 100 years of ford in motorsport. Shortly after the engine went pop. At the time the car was road legal and we had driven it on the road, being a 650bhp it was a handful. The car was owned by Neil Shakespeare who once owned your car.

What else would you like to know?

Regards

Matt
If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org