150 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (AM) - Finland

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

150 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (AM) - Finland

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I have read I think this car was originally sold to a Dr Giuseppe Lucchini (Owner of the "Scuderia Italia" F1 Team ??) through FORD Italy around December 1988. It was originally built as a LHD Rally Spec but FORD sold it, having had it re-trimmed as a LHD ROAD spec for the customer. I believe it was sold as a 250 BHP model but supplied along with a 350 BHP kit (£650 at the time) - I do not know if this was fitted or just supplied.

On 12/12/2003 I found the car whilst surfing the internet looking for a RS200 to buy for myself, the link I found was http://www.carclassic.com/html/BD52.htm

Quoted from their website "250 hp, red hide, like new, European and Swiss papers, high performance four-wheel-drive for the Group B of the 1980’s. Engine: 4 cylinder, 16 valve 1,800 cc and turbocharger in central position, cylinder head and engine block in light metal alloy, electronic fuel injection, supercharging by turbo Garett T03/04. Transmission: four-wheel-drive with 3 visco-current differential. Chassis: central cell in double light metal alloy with carbon fibre. Body: fibreglass. Suspension: front and back double wishbones with double springs and double acting shock absorbers.

VIN SFACXXBJ2CGL00150.

The bottom price is CHF110,000 (about EUR 70,000), the owner prefers to keep the car rather than negotiate the price. All Swiss and European taxes are paid. The car is located in Switzerland. "

In August 2004 I had an email saying this car now had new owners, a large group of FORD main dealers in Finland had bought it with 860 Km on the clock, the seller thinks it is just for a show-car, good to see another chassis finds a good home (Mikkeli) and at a good price.

In September 2004, from other information I have dug through that this car was owned by Mr Jacquillard as it can be seen on his website http://www.ford-rolle.ch, this is the same person I believe that owns chassis #107.

June 2010 - The owner (AM) has been touch and stated that the car is for sale for 127,000 Euro (£105,000 GBP) - I have their contact details here if there is a buyer :)

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images