160 - C993FEC - RHD - 1.8 - White - Current owner known (CG) - Belgium

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

160 - C993FEC - RHD - 1.8 - White - Current owner known (CG) - Belgium

Post by Justin Smith »

This is another car I think this car was originally sold around March 1989 to Jonakie Sugiarto from Jakarta, Indonesia of which I know very little nothing.

I was contacted in August 2008 by (DB) who said he had bought #160...
"justin - think i emailed you before but not sure. i have owned this car for nearly 4 years now, trying to find all the parts to rebuild it. now i have most of the parts i need and am on with the rebuild. the car was burnt in garage when the garage caught fire and i bought the remains, which are alot better than first thought. The centre shell section was ruined but i mananged to buy a new genuine centre section and have fitted the front and the back space frame to this. i have finally got something to look at and be happy with now and over the next few months will be rebuliding the car to brand new condition. the registration of no 160 is c993fec and is a right hand drive rally spec car on tarmac settings. pre fire condition was as new so all the parts that have survived are excellent. also i need a genuine bonnet, got every thing else just about. thanks (DB)"
I asked for some info and got told..
"justin as far as i know the car went to the prince of indonesia and he had it for a bit then it went back to england and had a make over with all the carpets etc in it. i have the some pics of it before it got burnt that i will forward when they are scanned. the guy i bought it off was (CA), he at one stage owned quite a few 6r4s, so was well into the group b age. it was completely mint the sole remaining tyre was near perfect tread. are you updating the website with it, i can keep some regular pics coming your way if you want and aim for it to be done by march next year. main parts i need are bonnet rear window(plastic)and a few other parts lol. will let you know with the list."
A check carried out on some public data system tell me this had the chassis number SFACXXBJ2CGL00160 along with the following information;

Make: FORD Model: RS 200 4WD Transmission & fuel type: PETROL Body type: SPORTS
Engine no.: BDT268 Colour: WHITE Number of gears: No Data Found Engine capacity: 1800cc
First registered: 01/05/1994 Year of manufacture: 1986 CO2 Emissions: UNKNOWN Road Tax (12 Months): £180

It also says there was only 1 previous keeper that was dated 5/11/2004.

Around 2010 I spoken with a new owner (CG) from Belgium.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images