161 - Unknown - 2.1 E2 - LHD - White - Current owner known (PD) - USA

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

161 - Unknown - 2.1 E2 - LHD - White - Current owner known (PD) - USA

Post by Justin Smith »

According to FORD paperwork I have read Chassis 161 had been built for Stig Blomqvist as a 2.1 Evolution, it was not one of the original 20 Evolution cars built but was one of the very few extra EVO cars built by FORD on top of the original 20, we call them E2's !

It had many modifications, Power Steering, AP Brakes, Enden Gearbox, Aeroquipt hoses but with leather interior, power windows and electric mirrors, it really was a well spec'd one of car, the car was then sold around November 1989 to Donald Dixon of Piremag, New Jersey, USA, Piremag being a affiliation with Pirrelli.

In August 2005 I was sent an email from the auction house Christies letting me know that chassis is available for auction on 18th August. The link was http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/sear ... ID=4554157. I watched as the sale ended with a new owner ( looking forward to finding out who ) for a bargain price of $129,250.00 USD although I do not know what condition it was in.

In April 2012 the current owner, PD, made contact and confirmed that the car was alive and well and under restoration in the US, he added....

"The rebuilding is a long story. I will keep it short - The car has about 1000 miles on it. Stig B. rarely used it. In 1989 Ford Motorsport talked him into selling it along to a guy here in the States, that buyer never drove it, he sold it on at auction to another guy who never drove it, and then all of a sudden someone decides that it needs 'refurbishing' and a cam belt change, they mis-align the cams, the valves get bent the first time they try and start it, and it rapidly goes downhill from there.

Just my kind of project.

So the car is scattered across 2 states, no one has a clue how to put it back together (they should have never taken it apart in the first place) so I offer up for it and the owner, looking at the big picture, decides to cut his losses and move it on.

It will be be put back to its original condition, then be used gently and will live a quiet life being taken out for the occasional show and get-together and drive in the country. I am lucky to have come along at this time in its life.

I will keep you up to date if you wish, and if there are other questions, let me know."

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images