163 - G800TJD - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (ML) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

163 - G800TJD - 1.8 - RHD - White - Current owner known (ML) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

According to FORD paperwork I believe this car was originally one of 5 planned to be bought by Tom Cahalane of Sun International, California USA but it never left the UK as it was sold on by Mr Cahalane to Alan Fenwick in the UK, I think Mr Fenwick bought or was buying chassis #182 and #113 also.

It was due to be 350BHP with leather seats, Stereo, Electric Windows and Electric Mirrors amongst other things and I think it was sold around August 1989.

In May 2005 I had access to some records that show chassis 163 to have been index G800TJD, not to be confused with the other two cars that I think Alan owned, G901TJD and G900TJD. The records show this was owned by Kevin Murrey from Kent and show it as a RHD version.

In March 2006 I found #163's owner in Kent, (ML), it was for sale...

"This fabulous RS 200 is part of a private collection .First registered 06/09/89,chassis # 163. Right hand drive.350 BHP model.It has been dry stored in a heated enviroment since 1990 and has only occasionally been used in the summer months,hence only 1980 miles !! The car is in as new condition and is totally original,standard and unmodified.All the relevent documentation is available with this vehicle, to include the original ringbound Ford RS200 instruction manual and original copy of this cars factory "build sheet".The alternative race spec seats that the factory supplied with the car are complete with the vehicle. Please only genuine enquiries welcomed, part exchange would be considered if it were a classic or of similar collectable interest.Any genuine enquiries please contact (BL) on 07769 XXXXXX or 01580 XXXXXX - £110000.00"

April 2022 - (LP) contacted me to see if I knew that #163 was living at the Haynes Motor Museum - I did not know or if I did I had forgotten.

https://www.haynesmuseum.org/the-collec ... tion-foyer

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images