165 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (TA) - USA

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

165 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (TA) - USA

Post by Justin Smith »

From FORD paperwork I have read I think this car was sold around December 1988 via Dan Ripley at Pleasurable Developments, Colorado, USA for sale to George Raterick of Big Boys Toys Colorado, USA but I do not think that deal went through as I have also been told Frank Profera (California, USA) was the first owner of #165 around July 1989.

In 2010 I was in contact with the original owner (FP)...
Hey Justin,

Funny thing I was just talkin with a guy about my old RS 200's.....

Yes I did have two RS. #165 was left bone stock by me and sold in 1990 to comedian Tim Allen of the US TV show Home Improvement ...

#106 was white when I purchased it new. After a few track days and getting sand blasted by slower car I painted it Porsche Red and then a final Toyota MR2 Yellow..

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers.

(F)

That's all I have managed to find out about this car, I have emailed Tim Allen but never had a reply :(

August 2023 - Tim Allen and Jay Leno did an interview from the car on YouTube that you can see here. A lot of the facts are wrong but nice to see their passion!

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org