167 - Unknown - 1.8 - RHD - Red - "S" - Current owner known (TC) - Germany

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

167 - Unknown - 1.8 - RHD - Red - "S" - Current owner known (TC) - Germany

Post by Justin Smith »

It was the original car I was negotiating to buy in December 2004 but it just needed too much for me to get it into a road car. The car was one of the 20 RS200's that were give the "S" treatment.

In March 2004 I went to ATM Sport and they fired up this beast, 450 BHP and a really good engine apparently, they gave me some more photos, it was up for £45k and they had some spares for sale also. The paintwork had come up really well, these are airbrushed graphics, no vinyl here !

In August 2004 - (DS) (owner of #138) sent me some images at Boreham taken when he was looking to buy his RS200. In the images you can see four cars, starting from the closest, you can see the red chassis #121, a blue version we think is chassis #167 and Tim Fowler (with the tie on) and Kevin Standen who were part of a syndicate who bought #175 which is one of the two white cars. - This would make sense as I bought the lamp pod from #167 and it was a blue colour that I had to have rubbed down and sprayed white.

In November 2004 ATM contacted me to say they had sold some of the spares that they had so they were dropping the price of the car down to £40k now with no VAT - Now that's cheap for such a well prepped racer !

And in January 2005 I heard from the new owner of #167, (KI) from Cheshire was is planning to have a go racing her and he had bought all the spare parts ATM had also.

In September 2005 (KI) made contact to say #167 had been out testing and other than a slight over temp problem was going well ! (hi-res photos courtesy of http://www.whatnonegatives.com). He also said he had found an invoice from Gordon Spooner to convert #167 from LHD to RHD and this marries up with some old papers I have that show #167 was originally built as a LHD version when sold by FORD.

Soon after this the car had a new owner from France (PO).

4/11/2013 - (T) sent me an update about #167

"Hi Justin, The owner in germany is (TC) for now several years, he is known in Germany for driving an R5 maxi on historic rally events. He is asking 160.000 EUR "as is" or about 170-180.000 after a complete engine checkup at Geoff Page

regards, (T)"

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images