169 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (KC) - USA

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

169 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (KC) - USA

Post by Justin Smith »

From the FORD paperwork I read I always believed this car was sold to (JW) from Michigan, USA around May 1988, he had originally been looking to buy 169 and 168 but it appears he only purchased this vehicle. (PX) actually paid for the car so it could be that Mr (W)'s interests were passed to Mr (X), it was still at Boreham some 4 years later around August 1994 ! - This must make it about the last 200 to actually leave !

In May 2007 I had an email from (JW) who confirmed that he still owned #169 and in December 2010 he sent me an email with some images :)

"Justin, here are some pictures of #169 at Daytona International Speedway. Sorry that they are a little over exposed. Couldn't find some others that I had. This is what the car looked like when imported and has remained like this. Let me know when your book is out.. Thanks and Happy Holidays, (J)"

Sep 2015 - The current owner (KC) from the US made contact.

Car was to be auctioned December 10, 2015:
http://rmsothebys.com/ny15/new-york---d ... 00/1078311

In Jan 2017 the new owner (MS) made contact to say he now owned 169.

Sept 2021 - 169 was spotted for sale here https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ford-rs200-4/ the advert read: "This 1986 Ford RS200 is one of approximately 140 examples sold to meet homologation requirements for the 1986 season of World Rally Championship Group B competition. Chassis 169 is thought to have remained at the Ford Motorsport Boreham facility in the UK until 1994, when it was acquired by a Michigan-based owner who reportedly kept it for over 15 years. Power from its mid-mounted turbocharged 1.8-liter Cosworth DOHC inline-four is sent to all four wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and three limited-slip differentials. Additional features include Ghia-designed fiberglass composite bodywork, a roof-mounted intercooler, independent suspension with twin coilovers at each corner, magnesium alloy wheels, and red racing seats. Mechanical work in 2020 consisted of servicing the turbo, gearbox, brakes, and fuel system in addition to replacement of the timing belt, oil cooler, hoses, and turbo lines. This RS200 was acquired by the selling dealer in 2021 showing 5,600 kilometers (~3,500 miles), and is now offered in Florida with service invoices dating back to 2014 and a clean Carfax report and a clean Montana title."

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org