171 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - Last seen in the UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

171 - Unknown - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner NOT known - Last seen in the UK

Post by Justin Smith »

I have been told this car was another of those sold around December 1988 via the US company, Pleasurable Developments, Colorado, USA and was destined to be owned by Russell Carle from Massachusets.

In May 2006 that car surfaced in the US being offered for sale (found by Robert and Dave on Ebay). Gran Prix Imports of Wilsonville on 1-800-768-XXXX had the vehicle and in the images you can see its mileage was a mere 981 Miles. Later that month I had contact from someone in New Zealand who told me that #171 had been sold and was on it's way to NZ.

The, a year later, in May 2007 I found the new owner (NM) in NZ and he has sent some images.

In November 2009 I had an email from (NM) saying #171 was for sale;

"Hi Justin, Can you please list on your website the following RS200 available for purchase. 991 mls from Brand New. Running vehicle, & a usable example. Also eligible for re-export & registration in the USA. 1988 Ford Boreham sale Invoice included + Flying Tigers Air Freight way bill & Bill of lading. Original in every/all respects, + Owners manual, Keys, Sales Brochure, Original Pirelli's, etc
No Rust, No corrosion, no damage. Factory Optioned with 4WD/2WD select gearbox. 250 BHP engine, Factory Original vehicle
Full owner history (3 USA, 1 NZ), & kept in showroom display condition. By those who know RS200's (including PJ) this example is the best & most original example available in the Southern Hemi-sphere $225,000 NZD FOB. (about £125,00o) Seller is a Ford Dealer & happy to assist the new purchaser with export documents from New Zealand. Serious enquires only."

April 2010 - Steve sent me a link to the car for sale today... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 072028.htm

In November 2011 the proud new owner Andrei made contact through the website to say he had bought #171 !! - Welcome to the group :)

July 2022 - Someone has found a link to #171 showing her for sale with some excellent images. Still on original tyres! - https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/fo ... SbdEPThmMk

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images