173 - H20DRS - 1.8 - RHD - White - "S" - Current owner known (SG) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

173 - H20DRS - 1.8 - RHD - White - "S" - Current owner known (SG) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

I have always kept Ford Magazines from days when I owned other Rs's, and H20DRS has featured many times. I saw this car pictured (I may scan it one day) in an article in a copy of Ford Heritage being driven around Brands Hatch, it was owned then by (SG).

An HPI Check on 4/1/2004 Showed:-

Manufacturer Ford
Model RS 200 4WD
Body type
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1990
Number of previous owners 0
Last owner change 16 October 1990

And in May 2004 I had an email from (SG) who confirmed he still owned the car and, get this, he lives about 5 miles away !!!

He has owned #173 since 1990 bought direct from Boreham. This was one of the 20 cars destined for the Canadian deal that sadly never came off, after much legal rangling it was available for another owner. Fully re-built before delivery by Gordon Spooner at Fords expense he uses it when ever he feels the need, both on the road and track !

(SG) and I have travelled many miles together and we are good mates, look under our SPA trackdays and you will see loads of us playing !

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org