174 (EVO 203) - Unregistered - 2.1 - RHD - White - Current owner known (TM) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

174 (EVO 203) - Unregistered - 2.1 - RHD - White - Current owner known (TM) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

I happened to be reading the entry for #174 in 2014 and realised it still read "I don't have much information on this car" which is pretty much out of date as we know quiet a lot (including where it is and who owns it but I'm not allowed to publically say !) ;) LOL

We knew this vehicle was destined to be EVO chassis 203 but after returning it retained chassis 174 and we also know that it was owned by the quite famous Trevor Hopkins.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=trevo ... 20&bih=906

Sadly Trevor passed away and Amanda Hopkins, his daughter inherited the car which had been stored for many years. We spoke together by email around 2010 and she had plans at the time to bring the car back to full working order with Julian Godfreys help. Well the plan changed and despite a few people being keen to own and restore the car she passed it on to a very famous driver who has some very exciting plans for it.

As of the March 2014 the project has slowed down a little but I received this email from the team director,

"Hi Justin, I can say 100% sure it's not been cancelled I am still working on options - the project is still on our radar and we will make a good story about it when we rebuild it. Our issue has been we are working two / three forward on projects."

In December 2005 I was sent some images by Graham Hollamby of the car Trevor Hopkins drove known as the "Haynes of Maidstone" back in the 1980s' and a few years back Scalextric made contact looking for suggestions to theme a re-run of their famous RS200 model and I was pleased to find that Trevor's car was one of those livery's chosen, I bet that would make him smile ! - Amanda also sent me some images for the website :)
Trevor Hopkins Scalextric
Trevor Hopkins Scalextric
http://www.scalextric.com/shop/cars/ral ... ord-rs200/

Jan 2015 - Right, I can now give some updates about this car, it was bought by the Hoonigan racing team (Read: Ken Block) to turn into one of his monsters but the project never really got started so it sat in the US until this month when it passed to (TM) in the UK to be built back to it's former glory! - I am hoping we will get some re-build pictures :)

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and i'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images