185 - C200RAN - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (NM) - UK

Here is a list of every chassis along with any information I have found about it
Justin Smith

185 - C200RAN - 1.8 - LHD - White - Current owner known (NM) - UK

Post by Justin Smith »

From FORD paperwork I read I believe this car was sold around August 1989 via Tom Cahalane from California, USA. This is the company of Sun International, a US importer but I think the car was destined to remain in the UK having been bought by Kevin Kemp from Shropshire and then sold to George Morley from Kent. It had a 350 BHP kit, stereo, electric windows, central locking, AMT seats and carpets, PIAA lights with the rally POD, I am not sure but I think it was striped with ears and wider wheels ? - FULLY loaded !

#185 is seen on the inside cover of the May/June 1990 RS Owners Club Magazine. I think it was originally used on index G200TJD but this was changed by an owner to C200RAN.

In June 2004 another enthusiast, William Arnold, sent me a some images for the database from the June 1998 Performance FORD magazine ...

In November 2006 (DR) got in touch and confirmed that he owned chassis #185 and it has the private plate of C200RAN on her now having bought her in 1999 at which point she was modified to meet MSA rules.

A basic HPI check in Aug 2004 showed...

Manufacturer Ford
Model RS 200 4WD
Body type 2 door saloon
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1989
Number of previous owners 2
Last owner change 20 October 1999

In September 2007 I got to meet the new owner (NM) at Castle Combe Rallyday 2007 and together with 3 other 200's we had 5 laps to our self at the end of the day. (NM) was convinced I hadn't mentioned that he had bought #185 due to a "vetting" procedure which made us all laugh ! - Well (N), consider yourself vetted and announced as the new owner of #185 - Keep us updated with the events you are entering on the forum please - Will be nice to see the car sideways again. - And on that subject, any get (N)'s spin on video from the lunchtime special stage at Rallyday ??? ;)

2013 - Bumped into NM at Brands and we chatted about cars for a while, #185 still going well he tells me.

If you find out anything else about this car please drop me an email and I'll update the cars entry !

justin.smith@rs200.org

Images