Any RS200s at the Autosport show?

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
GaryH

Any RS200s at the Autosport show?

Post by GaryH »

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all! I'm so looking forward to the better weather and the start of the car show season,but in the meantime I'm hoping to pop along to the Autosport show at Birmingham NEC later this month. The lure of Group B cars (along with more modern stuff) is just to much to resist!

Does anyone know if any RS200s are lined up to make an appearance? Or are any fellow RS200.org forum members planning to attend? If so,it'd be great to meet up for a natter if possible.

We're planning on taking our Metro to as many events as possible in the coming year,and might even get the chance to launch the boxy little fella up a hillclimb or two once my competition license is upgraded sufficiently. It'd make a fabulous spectacle to line up alongside an RS200 or two if anyone fancies stretching their car's legs in a safe environment.

Very best wishes to all,

Gary :)
Suzi

Re: Any RS200s at the Autosport show?

Post by Suzi »

Hi Gary
I'm at the show on the press day (thursday) i think, so i'll let you know :)
Best wishes too
Suzi
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Hiya Suzi,

Many thanks in advance of any info you can share,and have a great time at the show. I believe Stig Blomqvist will be driving the Sport Quattro in the Live Action arena...now that'll be a sight and sound to behold!!

Have fun,

Suzi

Post by Suzi »

Thanks Gary. You have fun too!
Wow, I didn't know Stig was there. I was lucky enough to meet him at Chatsworth Rally Show last year; I was completely starstruck!!
Will let you know asap
Suzi :)
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

I''ll be there Thursday Suzi - Ring me on the mobile for a coffee ! ;)
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Gutted I'm not going to this over the weekend now. I've been the last few years and wasn't as impressed last year so I thought I'd give it a miss this time round. Its only in the last week or two that I've noticed how much stand space both rallycross and rally have got this year - typical!

As I understand it Pat Doran's rallycross RS200 will be on the Forge Motorsport stand. Rumour has it that it sporting new colours for 2010 (which is a shame as I rather liked the old colours), so if anyone could post a picture of it up here that would be most appreciated! :)
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

I'll do my best!