Other Group B cars: MG Metro 6R4

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
GaryH

Other Group B cars: MG Metro 6R4

Post by GaryH »

Hiya guys,

The Metro 6R4 holds a special place in my heart and I still get goosebumps when I think back to that magical 1985 Lombard RAC Rally. I was 15 years old and building my 1st rally car at the time (a Mini),so was instantly intrigued by this strange new Austin Rover Group car when I saw a BBC TV rally preview programme which featured the 6R4 story. During the next couple of years my poor old Dad must have driven miles and miles,taking me to see 6R4s wherever they were on display,and he must have been very relieved when I passed my driving test!. Whether it was the noise,the agressive styling or the sheer lunacy of the car in general,I'm not sure,but the Mighty Metro still makes me go weak at the knees whenever I'm near one.

When I'm not here on RS200.org,I can usually be found on my favourite 6R4 websites,6r4.net,sportscar-racing.net and metro6r4onlinenews.co.uk

All Group B cars fascinate me,and alongside the 6R4 and the RS200 I love the Delta S4,205 T16 and Sport Quattro the best. Saying that,I've really enjoyed reading about the BX 4TC recently (thanks for the links Klaus!) and I'd love to find one for sale sometime.

Very best wishes to all,

Gary :)
Nikki

Re: Other Group B cars: MG Metro 6R4

Post by Nikki »

Hi Gary,

Thanks for those links to all the good 6R4 websites. I've put them up as clicky links here for convenience... Since the Group B cars were all so varied and each interesting in their own right I have decided to split the posts for every car... Hope Justin does not mind... :)

Great that you enjoyed the Citroen link... It is indeed a very interesting car...

I should still have some great 6R4 pics that I took at RallyDay in 2005, I'll see about digging them out and posting them here.

http://www.6r4.net/mg/index.php

http://metro6r4onlinenews.co.uk/
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

A great video compilation of the Metro with -thankfully- no edited sounds. :D

Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Excellent stuff!
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

This is a video of me driving (or rather learning to drive :lol: ) Rally School Ireland's MG Metro 6R4. It was a great experience (despite the spin).. :oops: