rev counter / speedo

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
Mike 2

rev counter / speedo

Post by Mike 2 »

In my never ending quest to continue improving my replica, or so it seems, I am trying to upgrade my present VDO units to genuine Ford items. Does anyone have the part numbers for the original rev counter and mechanical speedo? Or actually have any for sale?

Many thanks
Mike.
Mike 2

Re: rev counter / speedo

Post by Mike 2 »

Found them

Mike
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Although I said that I found the part numbers, they were Ford numbers and I really need the VDO ref!

So am on the hunt again!

The numbers are stuck on the units behind the dash panel.

CheeRS
Mike
Mike 2

Re: rev counter / speedo etc

Post by Mike 2 »

Last week I asked for some assistance from a very helpfull friend Steve who owns a rare S model.

He invited me over Fri and allowed me to carefully remove his dash board and check for the VDO part nos that I needed, this took me about an hour in total and I had the numbers. Bingo!

These numbers were presented to VDO UK yesterday, but the guy I spoke to could not match-up any of the numbers (he searched for 40 mnutes while I was on the phone!). He also informed me that mechanical speedo's were not available after 1990.

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Steve for helping me out.

Mike.
Last edited by Mike 2 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Well after a lot of searching I found a new original speedo, then within days found another! So now I've got two, typical just like buses! ;)

Still need a 10k VDO rev counter though?

CheeRS
Mike.