boreham

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
cyberolley

boreham

Post by cyberolley »

:D Hi Chaps, Pete Tracey here , anybody remember me from the old days painting all the rally cars , still alive & working for my sins.
Nikki

Re: boreham

Post by Nikki »

Hi Pete,
THanks for registering and posting your message. So you were working at Boreham on the rally cars? Great to have you here, if you have any stories to share about those great times in Boreham I'm sure many on here would love to hear them so don't hesitate. :)
Cheers,
Klaus
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

And get some photo's in to Klaus if you have any! ;)
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

Pete - Great to have you on the group. If my research is correct, Boreham used to ship all the cars to you for their stripes ?

How did you come up with the design and the colours ? - I seem to remember the scheme changed during the 80's ?
jimsrs200

Post by jimsrs200 »

Hi Pete
Are you still available for painting the Ford Stripes
Jim
cyberolley

Post by cyberolley »

Hi Jim, the answer is yes , I painted one the other week for a customer of Geoff Page , still have drawings for original stripes.I used to paint most of the cars on site at Boreham , also at Tickfords & various places around the UK.
RS200WRX

Post by RS200WRX »

Hi Pete welcome to the forum. Well done for keeping going so long. I make a replica 200 based on the Impreza floor there should be some pictures about somewhere here on the site. I've painted 2 of my own cars in those stripes takes me nearly 2 days to measure it out and mask it up. Although I do mine as a custom job using base coat colours and laquer and butt the colours not over laid. It would be great to hear a description of your prep method. All the best Trevor Lewis
cyberolley

Post by cyberolley »

Hi Trevor, I do'nt know your locality , but I can always give you a price for setting out the stripes & masking them up for you , would be original , save you lot of time.Hope this doesn't offend.
jimsrs200

Post by jimsrs200 »

Hi pete
Could you give a price for painting the standard blue stripes and the multi blue and grey stripes where are you based
Jim
cyberolley

Post by cyberolley »

Hi Jim, we are based in Essex , not far from Geoff Page .