RS200 wanted

Cars spotted for sale and those seeking a car
Nikki

Re: RS200 wanted

Post by Nikki »

tentenths wrote:Wanted RS200 must be RHD must be an original car and not a made up car from bits.
Not really interested in a hugely high performance car as too much maintenance and expense involved and will be too expensive for me anyway.

Dont mind if a little work required.

Now offering £45.5k Tops
Without getting into the value debate which has been done already above, your offer has gone DOWN since December... :roll: I'm not sure I understand. Obviously you are still after a car and presumably you didn't find one for 50K... To increase your chances I would have thought you'd UP it, not remove 5K?

Good luck anyway in your search.
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:Wanted RS200 must be RHD must be an original car and not a made up car from bits.
Not really interested in a hugely high performance car as too much maintenance and expense involved and will be too expensive for me anyway.

Now offering £45.5k Tops
Ok i know you took offence in my previous post and i know it was'nt very diplomatic, but do you realy think you can buy an original car for that sort of money :o .
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

cxa2000 wrote:

Now offering £45.5k Tops
Ok i know you took offence in my previous post and i know it was'nt very diplomatic, but do you realy think you can buy an original car for that sort of money :o .
-----------------------------------------------------

No offense taken, everyone values their car as they wish. The market is definitely on the turn and by this time maybe mid year there is going to be a dramatic shift in the values, I remember it happening even more dramatically in the late eighties/nineties. Read Alan Clarkes book "Backfire" , cracking book to read anyway . RS200s with good competition history in top condition have led the way but they are very rare and the difference in prices between them and the ones made to make up the numbers is vast.The Europeans who have been driving the prices are few and far between now, they may enquire about cars but when it comes to paying, then its a different story. Could be wrong, often am but I feel comfortable for the moment at 45 tops and will I review even this monthly.

:)
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:
cxa2000 wrote:

Now offering £45.5k Tops
-----------------------------------------------------

No offense taken, everyone values their car as they wish. The market is definitely on the turn and by this time maybe mid year there is going to be a dramatic shift in the values, I remember it happening even more dramatically in the late eighties/nineties. Read Alan Clarkes book "Backfire" , cracking book to read anyway . RS200s with good competition history in top condition have led the way but they are very rare and the difference in prices between them and the ones made to make up the numbers is vast.The Europeans who have been driving the prices are few and far between now, they may enquire about cars but when it comes to paying, then its a different story. Could be wrong, often am but I feel comfortable for the moment at 45 tops and will I review even this monthly.

:)
If things did turn as they did during the last Classic Car price crash ( i remember those days well) then you may indeed pick one up from a ditressed sale or just maybe a dealer that needs to cut their losses and get rid, i would of thought that most owners would not sell a classic car during such harsh times unless they are in financial dificulty.
imo most classic cars that need to be sold quickly and painlessly will probably end up in auctions. :shock:
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

Anyone putting their car into an auction at the moment needs their head examined.

The prices normally shown that cars sold for include the auctioneers commission and in addition theres the commission they charge the seller, minus whatever vat has been charged and advertising costs plus delivery to the venue and normally 3 months have been wasted mind now 20% vat to boot.

It normally means the seller gets roughly 22-25% less than the price the car has been shown to achieve in auction.

This puts the prices into perspective. .
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:Anyone putting their car into an auction at the moment needs their head examined.

The prices normally shown that cars sold for include the auctioneers commission and in addition theres the commission they charge the seller, minus whatever vat has been charged and advertising costs plus delivery to the venue and normally 3 months have been wasted mind now 20% vat to boot.

It normally means the seller gets roughly 22-25% less than the price the car has been shown to achieve in auction.

I agree, but it seems more and more private collections are ending up at auctions and some cars do actually acheive a good price for the vendor even after paying the 8 to 15% commission.
I wish you the besty of luck, but imo it would have to be a very desperate person to even consider selling a genuine rs200 for 45k.
If you get stuck i may consider selling you mine for a mere £125k :lol:
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

cxa2000 wrote:
tentenths wrote:Anyone putting their car into an auction at the moment needs their head examined.

I agree, but it seems more and more private collections are ending up at auctions and some cars do actually acheive a good price for the vendor even after paying the 8 to 15% commission.
I wish you the besty of luck, but imo it would have to be a very desperate person to even consider selling a genuine rs200 for 45k.

£125k. an astonishing figure. :o Did it win a major event that I am aware of or are you just chancing that someone will make you an offer over £50k . If you put a high enough price they will think they have a bargain. Come on be straight and sensible about this as you cannot seriously believe that anyone is going to fall for this ploy.
:D
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

tentenths wrote:
cxa2000 wrote:

£125k. an astonishing figure. :o Did it win a major event that I am aware of or are you just chancing that someone will make you an offer over £50k . If you put a high enough price they will think they have a bargain. Come on be straight and sensible about this as you cannot seriously believe that anyone is going to fall for this ploy.
:D
It'a a bargain :D on a sensible note though a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and you may find this astonishing but even if someone offered me £150k i still would'nt sell my rs200, cars like these can only further increase in value regardless of any blips in the market, i just love the car and what it stands for.
I have no ploy as you suggest, however, some may think your ploy is to drive the market down so you can pick one up mega cheap, just my opinion :)
tentenths

Post by tentenths »

HA :lol: HA :lol:

Have a look at this link and keep believing it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... ng-up.html

:cry:
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

Well maybe you are right and i am talking nonsense, but time will tell.