Fuel tank options

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related

Fuel tank options

Post by 089 »

Hi All

We took the Evo out to Rally Tasmania on the weekend. It went fantastically well. Awesome power ....... right until the drivers side fuel tank split and we nearly had a fireball. We withdrew from the event but have since spoken to a few people that tell us this was a common problem,

i believe there are some bag tank options available but would seek advice on what to do. Bit hard sourcing parts down here./ We can make our own tanks as we have a major sheetmetalwork facility in our group but would be easire to buy something.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Regards
David # 089
Nikki

Re: Fuel tank options

Post by Nikki »

Hi David, must have been a scary moment... Glad you are ok and that you managed to save the car... :shock:

I'm not sure how much of an option it would be on a 200 as I've not personally seen it done before but on Delta S4's to be able to race nowadays in some FIA historical events, they have to fit an approved and homogated soft tank which goes in the front luggage compartment - this is a logical safer positioning for the fuel tank since it's moved away from the engine.

The downside is that it's considerably smaller than the original tank but over here this really is not an issue. I think the ones I've seen in the S4 are are 30 litre tanks but you can probably get them in larger sizes too though it also depends how much room you have for fitting.
jimsrs200

Post by jimsrs200 »

Hi
On my rally RS200 the bag tanks leaked and the fuel delamanated the floor, i needed to replace the whole floor on the car, so i had alloy tanks made for mine,they have been in for two years and about 12 International Rallies and i have had no problems since, if you need more info let me know
Jim
RS200WRX

Post by RS200WRX »

I did quite a lot of work with ATL in Milton Keynes they make some of the best bag tanks.

Post by 089 »

Thanks Guys for your responses .

I will follow up the bag tank option but probably fabricate some better quality units.. we are getting good at making RS200 poarts these days

Post by 082 »

Hi ,

at the moment we do make a bag-fuell-cell with full FIA-Certificate and Homoligation.
The dimensions are the same as the originall Bag-Fuell-Cell´s which are located underfloor behind the Co-Driver Seat.
I think we become our Cell at 12th week from the manufacturer. I f anybody is interested we can order more and sell it.
Regards