re-manufactured RS200 engine covers

Any parts for sale or wanted and links to such adverts
Mike 2

re-manufactured RS200 engine covers

Post by Mike 2 »

I now have in my possession a genuine and very rare RS200 engine cover, It actually belongs to Steve Groves who has helped me out countless number of times over the years in my quest for replica perfection (Thanks again Steve).

My plan is to re-produce a batch of these very rare items helping any genuine car owner or replica builder get that finishing touch "just right" in their engine bay. Steve and I did a test fit on my Rally Replicas 200 (MR2 Turbo based) car today and found that only minor trimming would of been required for a perfect fit; in fact the cover fitted well enough to drive home with it like that! I will test fit one on a KARA / EVO 200 tommorrow. I know they can also be fitted to the original Banham 200 replica's as I tried one some years ago.

I plan to make the engine covers in black fireproof GRP. You will have to source your own catches, bolts and heatproof lining, although I will endevour to find out where to get these items from in order to help - should you need it.

The engine covers price will depend on the quantity of orders.

Please PM me if interested.

Klaus, would you be able to post some pics for me?

CheeRS
Mike
Nikki

Re: re-manufactured RS200 engine covers

Post by Nikki »

Mike 2 wrote: Klaus, would you be able to post some pics for me?
Yes of course. :-)
Not sure if you still have my email address but I'll PM it to you again just in case.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Thanks Klaus as always,

I'll send in some pictures of the cover tommorrow.

The covers also fit a Mercury /KARA / EVO 200 / RS Motorsports 200 with just the fitment of 2 support bkts at the front under the rear cockpit window like a genuine car would have and 2 over the spare wheel carrier.

CheeRS
Mike
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Klaus I took some photo's but my card is having upload problems.........will keep on trying. After all everyone knows what they look like 8-)

Mike
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Hi Mike, was wondering what happened. :-) No worries, just send them over when you get them.

Wanted to ask also if you still had any of the rear perspex left and if you wanted to put them up again on this board since the pics were still on the old one. I still have those in case.