Events of interest in 2011

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
LPH

Re: Events of interest in 2011

Post by LPH »

tbtstt wrote:British Rallycross Championship, Round 5, Lydden Hill

Its not 100% yet, but there is a new "retro" class being introduced at Round 5 of the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden Hill on 29th August.

Not sure on what form this class is going to take, or even who is going to be entered yet, but I'd be very surprised if the Doran's RS200 doesn't appear on track, so could be a good opportunity to check out a rallycross RS200 in action!

Date: 29th August 2011

http://www.rallycrossuk.com/
Hi,
I'm the person organising the 'Retro Rallycross'' at Lydden Hill 29 August.. Pat's rs200 will most certainly be in attendance as well as Mark Rennison's Pikes Peak 200..

The retro part of the event will consist of Historic and Group B Demonstrations, enrtries are free of charge... In addition we have an exhibition area for anyone wishing to place their vehicles on display. We already have the promise of some lovely cars. And this is an ideal opportunity for free business promotion..

Our 'Legends Arena' will be an open area to spectators and is where our invited 'Legend Drivers' will be on Race day... We have overnight camping and Barbeque on Sundat 28th for those taking part in any of the mentioned Retro area's.

The event will be broadcast on Motors TV.

I am still looking for cars to either race or display... Get involved, it will be a fantastic, fun event...which is also round 5 of MSA BRC...

Email me.....mrsrallycross@aol.com
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

My "bitza" car (A45 TAS - built from an unused set of parts from a rallycross car) is nicely featured in this months Fast Ford. I was very pleased to beat all of the 600, 700 and 800+ BHP cars on the handling circuit! My car only has 300bhp because I use it in competition on UK stage rallies where I have to run with a 34mm restrictor.

Nigel
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

LPH wrote:Hi,
I'm the person organising the 'Retro Rallycross'' at Lydden Hill 29 August.. Pat's rs200 will most certainly be in attendance as well as Mark Rennison's Pikes Peak 200..
Hi LPH, only just saw your reply to my post. Congrats on the "Retro Rallycross" stand and track display, it was easily one of the highlights of the day and the paddock full of classics looked stunning.

That was Pat's "new" RS200 out on track wasn't it? Any idea what the state of their existing rallycross RS200 is? I was expecting it to at least be on display, if not being driven! Or is it not working at the moment?

Whose was the other RS200 in the paddock? Was that JGE's own car?