Motorsport parts manual

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
stuartg

Motorsport parts manual

Post by stuartg »

The RS200 owners manual refers to a "motorsport parts section" - does anybody have a copy of this?

Thanks.
Stuart
Mike 2

Re: Motorsport parts manual

Post by Mike 2 »

Stuart its on this here, take a browse through this site.
stuartg

Post by stuartg »

Hello Mike,

I've looked a few times now and can't see the specific "motorsport parts section" referred to in the owners manual. There are parts lists which show all the road car parts plus another manual which list hundreds of 909 part numbers for various cars, not just RS200's...

I was hoping there was a specific manual just for rally parts with a description and part number.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Yes - I noticed that as well after checking through again!

I found reference to power steering that was planned, but group B never lasted long enough to get these parts fitted and through homologation it seems.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Mike 2 wrote:Yes - I noticed that as well after checking through again!

I found reference to power steering that was planned, but group B never lasted long enough to get these parts fitted and through homologation it seems.
I had a look through the manual too but could not find anything specifically Motorsport oriented, even though the Motorsport logo is on the cover. The parts were surely homologated though as most if not all were developed and fitted to the works cars that Boreham campaigned in 1986 (i.e. Big brakes, hydraulic handbrake, power steering and many more).
stuartg

Post by stuartg »

I think that there were many motorsport parts including all the rally spec wishbones, TCA's, lightweight body panels etc etc. I was hoping to find a motorsport parts list which would detail all the rally spec parts so I could work out what all I need to find! I've had a good look at Jim Avis's ex-works car and all the suspension etc is completely different to the road spec bits so I assume there is a motorsport manual somewhere... The standard owners manual specifically refers to a motorsport parts section - does this actually exist?
Justin Smith

Post by Justin Smith »

I've not seen a Motorsport parts manual but I did see for the first time a parts manual for the EVO versions so maybe that might cover some aspects ?

I shall see if I can get a scan of it, it is the only 1 I have ever seen myself - not sure about anybody else ?