rs200 interior help

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
Seang

rs200 interior help

Post by Seang »

hello all

getting a few interior bits for my rs200( look a like-replica)build.

i have most of the parts now however i am stuck on a few bits and was wondering if anyone could help...

a pillers - is just material around the cage or sierra plastics etc ?

control knob (next the row of switch gear ) ?- looks like mk1 sierra but with a different back plate

interior grey carpet-does anyone know of a company that produces this material (after as close a match as possible to the original)

any help would be much appreciated

many thanks sean
Seang

Re: rs200 interior help

Post by Seang »

anyone? :(
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

For the "A" post I used jaguar roof liner foam (its about 4mm thick before compression) and covered that with black leatherette.

The stuff is avail all over but I got mine from East Kent trim in Sandwich Kent. I also covered the entire roll cage like this prior to fitting the body, all fixing points remain hidden that way!

Some of the other replicas I know off used soft mouldable plastic which was heated and bent around the A post prior to securing with a couple of self tappers. Then covered. This was done with the screen out.

If you use genuine covers you may find the cage distance to the body is larger so they wont fit without spacing etc.

I have a spare fan switch from a Sierra mk1.
Seang

Post by Seang »

hello

thanks for the info mike i'll take that fan switch off your hands if its for sale- did the original 200 use sierra a-pillar plastics.

regards sean
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Hi Sean,

Just need postage for the switch, a couple of ££ will do. I will have a look for it tommorrow.

The Sierra A post covers are totally different, as the angle is steeper at the very least and they are not so deep as to cover the cage.
Seang

Post by Seang »

cheers mike let me know if you find it so i can send you some ££

thanks for the info on the a-pillars they just looked very simiar to the sierras.Thought they might have been the same just modified as the 200 carried alot of mk1 goodies

regards sean
RS200WRX

Post by RS200WRX »

the road cars were trimmed by Tickford so they probably made interior panels out of GRP and covered them. My own replica I built I have bonded all the cage to the bodyshell with GRP and then covered the cage with a thin foam and vinyl. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff14 ... 0Pictures/
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Last edited by Mike 2 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Seang

Post by Seang »

cheers for the links fellas ;)