Back from the www.rs200.org Norway Tour !!

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
Justin Smith

Back from the www.rs200.org Norway Tour !!

Post by Justin Smith »

First of all I want to say a big thanks to everyone that helped make Paul and my visit to Norway so memorable ! (Read: Drunken) !!!

We had a fantastic time and it is only now, as the mad week at work comes to an end that I reflect back on how much fun it was.

Paul and I flew out Friday morning and were met by Bjorn who took us over to Petters house to pick him up. We were then off to Bjorns house to meet his gorgeous wife and new baby and cat ! - We were made to feel very welcome by all 3 :)

We were then taken over to look at Bjorns newest baby, a Group B Audi - What a great toy he has bought himself !
DSC06758.JPG
After a bite to eat we headed North to meet another Bjorn, (VIKO this time) and Vidar. After checking into the hotel we headed to there house for an excellent dinner of Elk after a few beers and shots of course and a quick peek in the workshop!!
DSC06766.JPG
More beers followed before a cold (minus 8) walk to the hotel where more beers and shots continued. (I have never paid so much for beer in a bar yet also seen so many people blind drunk and falling over !)

The next morning it was out to the local hills to watch a round of the Norweigan Rally and some more lunatic Vikings !!!

Then back to Bjorn Vikos to pull "the beast" out of the workshop for some snow sliding - What a great experience that was and I feel very privileged that someone would go to such lengths (gearbox overhaul, new tyres, service, oil change) just to let me have a passenger ride - Bjorn really knows how to look after you and how to get a slide out of a 200 :)

My mate Paul then got a go in the "hot seat" - The pair of them dissappered into the town posing would you believe - Just like Southend seafront in the 80's !! :)

His face was a picture when he got out....

Then it was more beer in the hotel (I spent over £450 that night on rounds !!!) before a cold walk to the local petrol station for a hot dog at 3am. The bar was full of the drivers/co-drivers and team members from the rally so it really was a petrol heads party.

Sadly, after a slow wake up the next day (everyone was still over the drink drive limit except me) we took a leisurely drive back to the airport.
Seang

Re: Back from the www.rs200.org Norway Tour !!

Post by Seang »

WOW what an amazing trip -lovley 200-great videos.
cxa2000

Post by cxa2000 »

What a fab sounding trip and experience, rs200, snow and lots of falling down water, life sure is treating you bad :lol: . that Audi looks realy nice as well
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Looks like you all had some great fun Justin, like the Clips too.
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Great report and good videos. Looks like a lovely car collection there as well!