Events of interest in 2012

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
Paul O

Events of interest in 2012

Post by Paul O »

Hi all!

First post here. :geek: I run a Supercar drivers club based in the UK and this year we will be hosting our second annual season opening meet, in March.

This is a private, charitable event for owners of Supercars, with proceeds given to a Childrens Hospice. We typically get together at a few locations and travel in convoy to our final destination, where additional cars will be on display, along with grub to eat and other splendours to do. In addition to Supercars and hypercars, this year we have a few of our members are bringing their rally cars (Audi Quattro, Stratos, Integrale etc).

It would be great if we could get an RS200 along as well, if anyone fancies it! The event is based in the Midlands, but there will be convoys arranged for Yorkshire, NorthWest and the South.

If you fancy coming along in yer RS200 (or replica), please let me know. You'll be in good company! :D

Here is a video of last years event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0BDMmnMeE

Cheers!

Paul.
paul@supercardriver.com
Nikki

Re: Events of interest in 2012

Post by Nikki »

Hi Paul,

Welcome to RS200.org and thanks for the announcement of your event. Sounds like it will be a great venue.
I've split your post from the old 2011 events topic as I was already wanting to create a new one for the new year. Hope you don't mind.
Paul O

Post by Paul O »

Thanks Nikki! :)
Paul O

Post by Paul O »

Hi all,

Just a bump to see if anyone is interested in this, later this month?

Here are a few pics of last years event which raised several thousand pounds for a local childrens hospice. This year is going to be even better and would be great if we could have an RS200 (or two!) along to share the experience! :D

Link to Evo Article:
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/26601 ... otos.html#
Blue Oval Boy

Post by Blue Oval Boy »

Hi All,

Following the sucess of the Boreham Reunion Show last year, I am very pleased to invite as many RS200's as possible to Oaklands Park, Chelmsford again this year!

We are looking to do a very similar event, all static, no loud music, giving people the chance to look at fantastic cars and speak with the owners if they want! There are no entry fees for cars or public, tea, coffee and sandwiches provided!

The date we have is Saturday 11th August.

If you are interested in coming along, just let me know. I will post more details as they develop.

Regards

Simon
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Simon,

I really enjoyed last years show..........
Are replicas owners invited to bring along their cars? I will be getting my 200 out and about again this year as it needs a good run.

CheeRS.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

That's great news Simon... I hope I can make it along this year and have a chance to meet you... :)
Blue Oval Boy

Post by Blue Oval Boy »

Hi Mike and Nikki,

Be good to see you both, and your rep!

Regards
Paul O

Post by Paul O »

Hi folks, unfortunately we didn't get an RS200 to the event a few weeks ago, but thought I should post a few piccies so you can see what went off. :D

The range of cars was fantastic, and included 2 of only 3 TVR Typhons in existence, and 2 of 3 Mirage GTs in the world. Other noteable cars was the RUF CTR3, Porsche 959, Jaguar XJ13 and ... well, too many to list really

If anyone with an RS200 would like to attend a future event, please let me know. :)

vids...
http://youtu.be/VU07A_5hiNU
http://youtu.be/d2t7BMkVqWA