Retro Rallycross Challenge

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
tbtstt

Retro Rallycross Challenge

Post by tbtstt »

I'm sure some of you will have seen this on Facebook and the like, but the Retro Rallycross Challenge is back in 2013 and has more cars entered than last year. On the line to join the series this year is an RS200 (owned by Bill Watson). No idea what number the car is, but will be great to see the RS200 on track alongside Gibson's 6R4!

The Challenge is running at British Rallycross Championship events and also has a guest slot at the European Rallycross Championship round at Lydden.

Official website for the Retro Rallycross Challenge is:

http://www.retrorallycross.com/
Mike 2

Re: Retro Rallycross Challenge

Post by Mike 2 »

Bills car is a replica called "EVO 200" he bought the KARA / Mercury company several years ago and has been making a good go of it building new kits.

I've known Bill for a few years now and he plans to compete with his new 4x4 EVO 200 version when its built, so watch this space.............
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Cheers for the info Mike, didn't know it was a replica. Still be interesting to see it in action! :)
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

We are driving over there tomorrow (17th Mar) to have a gander, will report back. :D
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Mike 2 wrote:We are driving over there tomorrow (17th Mar) to have a gander, will report back. :D
Anything to report?! :D
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

No but Bill put some pics on FB or twitter
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Saw the car at Lydden yesterday (I assume it was his anyway!). Looked very nice, I understand its RWD?
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Yes, he went on the parade lap.
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

3/4 of a parade lap, they didn't even go round once! (I understand the lead car - driven by none other than John Taylor - misunderstood the intructions and turned in too early! :lol:)

Great to see the car out on track. Sadly I had a cup of tea and a burger in my hand when it drove past and, but the time I got my camera to hand, it was back in the paddock again! Still great to see it on track and look forward to seeing it as part of the series.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Yes your right 3/4 of a lap lol.

The last time this happened I'm told was in the 90's with all the RS200 road cars doing a turn before the European event.

Your also right to be sad about missing the photo because the car is up for sale now and probably wont be out anymore!