BHP Show Bank Holiday Mon 6 May 2013

Feel free to drop in here and chat about anything 200 related
Mike 2

BHP Show Bank Holiday Mon 6 May 2013

Post by Mike 2 »

I will be there with mine, is anyone else going?
Mike 2

Re: BHP Show Bank Holiday Mon 6 May 2013

Post by Mike 2 »

Went there today, the venue must have attracted 20,000 BHP fans! It was a great day out with some excellent "time attack" cars, trucks, bikes, drifters, Classic Fords and so on for the track sessions. Thanks goes to Jay the organiser for inviting me in.

Clear your diary's for next year!
Mike
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Sounds like you had a great time... Got any nice pics?
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Was a cracking day and definately one of the busiest events I've ever seen at Lydden. Very eclectic mix of cars and something for everyone to look at.

Spotted your RS200 on the way in Mike, but then couldn't see the car when I got in. Spent the day staring at the Doran Pikes Peak RS200 instead! :D

Took a few photos, will pop them in the thread once I've got them off the camera and sifted through them.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

It was certainly a massive do! There is a FB "BHP performance show" page which has just put up some track photos. I'll dig up a link.

Mine was halfway up the display area at the entrance next to the porta-loos, and next to the line of blue Subaru impretza's. I'll get a piccy up or a link soon.

We saw the Doran RS200 on display with two of the teams other cars under the awning whilst we cued up for scrutineering, if you stayed long enough they did a couple of spins in the new DS3 which did a couple of nice full course 47 second laps.
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

Here you go, much better than my photography!

http://www.facebook.com/BHPShow?ref=str ... ion=stream
tbtstt

Post by tbtstt »

Mike 2 wrote:Mine was halfway up the display area at the entrance next to the porta-loos, and next to the line of blue Subaru impretza's. I'll get a piccy up or a link soon.
I read your reply on Facebook; I walked up and down that section twice during the day and must have pretty much walked past your car! :oops:
Mike 2

Post by Mike 2 »

It was initially parked in the top field until about 10.00 in the morning. Thats about the time I moved down next to the loos!

It stayed there till mid afternoon I think (at least until after the 2nd Dorran DS3 run) and a few other sessions after that.

Jamie phoned me a week before the event & invited me to attend the BHP show, he was keen for the car to go out. I was a bit reluctant at first due to having just painted the car etc but I still took my skid lid with me ready for a steady drive around the track, after all I didn't want to let Jamie down after the invite.

Unfortunately when we were queuing at scrutineering I couldn't get Jamie on my mobile phone due to having no signal. We had a look around to find him but in the end decided to park up and have a good look around the show instead.

Anyway, Here's some picy links, sorry the cars parked in a bit of a dip and it was a bit dusty on the day, but hey ho!

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 5576_n.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 8970_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 6515_n.jpg
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Thanks for posting these. I love some of the dramatic angles of these pictures... They really make the car stand out. 8-)